Okay groovers – we know you feel the same way we do: eyewear is an investment. And that is why it’s important to take care of your glasses or sunglasses, making sure they stay in great shape. We’ve put together some tips to make sure your eyewear always looks their groovy best!
To start off with, when you get those groovy specs from us, we’ll get you going by providing you with a few key items:
- A microfibre cloth. Always use a microfibre cleaning cloth. Using paper tissues or cotton-based t-shirts will scratch the lenses over time.
- A lens spray. Using your lens spray is a safe way to remove any stubborn residue.
- A hard case. Storing your glasses without a case, or placing them face-down on a surface? The lenses on your glasses can scratch easily when not treated with care, so be sure to use the hard case provided with your new eyewear.
Thanks to every day wear and tear, your eyewear needs regular maintenance.
In addition to the above, if you purchased your eyewear from us, servicing of your eyewear will always be complimentary. Pop into the store and we can:
- Adjust your frames if they are too loose and slipping.
- Tighten the hinge screws if the ‘arms’ are loose
- Change the nose pads when they start to build up with makeup and sweat.
- Make sure the frames are sitting straight when you are wearing them.
You can also clean your eyewear at home safely.
- Always use your microfibre cleaning cloth. Using paper tissues or cotton-based t-shirts will scratch the lenses over time.
- Use a lens spray or lens wipes to freshly clean your lenses throughout the day.
- A drop of liquid lotion-free soap can be used to get rid of any stubborn residue, such as makeup or greasy fingerprints. Wash gently using your finger tips and rinse your glasses under lukewarm water, then use a clean microfibre cloth to polish the lenses.
Situations to avoid:
- Exposing your lenses to extreme hot or cold conditions. This can easily happen when opening the fire or oven door, or leaving your eyewear on the dashboard of your car.
- Storing your glasses without a case, or placing them face-down on a surface. The lenses on your glasses can scratch easily when not treated with care, so be sure to use the hard case provided with your new eyewear.
Need help? Pop into the store, and we’ll happily assist you, or demonstrate eyewear care tips.